I would like to welcome all new and returning students to Morris Elementary School. We have a dedicated staff that strives to provide every student with an outstanding educational experience in a safe and supportive learning environment. It is our intent that each student enjoys their time at Morris and achieves positive personal growth.
Below are just a few reasons why Morris is such a great place for students . . .
- We provide an award-winning educational program:
- Gold Ribbon School for innovation with technology (2016)
- California Green Ribbon School, Silver Level, for efforts in sustainability, student health, and environmental literacy (2016)
- California Honor Roll School (2018/19)
- Our teachers write and receive numerous grants for devices, robotics, art supplies, and much more.
- Students enjoy reduced class sizes in transitional kindergarten through third grade.
- We have a state-of-the-art STEM lab on campus where students apply their learning in science, technology, engineering, and math. Teachers participate in ongoing professional development to support STEM instruction on campus.
- All students in transitional kindergarten through sixth grade receive weekly music instruction.
- Students have increased access to technology in our classrooms.
- Morris PTA and our foundation, Friends of Morris, raise funds for technology, field trips, assemblies, and other enrichment activities to support our instructional program.
Thank you all for your support and amazing partnership to ensure student success at Morris! All of “YOU” make up the “community” of Morris Elementary School. They are the ingredients that make Morris such a special place.
We are committed to providing your children with the highest quality education. It is our continued goal to work with you, as parents and community members, to help our students be successful and reach their highest potential.
Helen Lu, Principal